Thursday, January 27, 2011

Strangely familiar

So I'm back on facebook and have had a great time building up my friends again. I did have one person question who I was (can you imagine? the nerve! just kidding!)

In my rediscovery I learned a couple of things about FB:
  1. You find out that more people remember you than you might have thought. I am daring to ask more and more people (like from high school and even elementary school) and they are accepting me. Either they remember me or they just like to have more friends. I'm hoping they remember me, because I remember them!
  2. This probably doesn't surprise you, but I have found that the majority of us (people on the planet, or people in my little world, take your pick) go through the same stuff - sickness, not wanting to exercise, hating the dinner humdrums, trouble with kids, loving their families, supporting each other, etc. It's comforting to know I'm not alone.
  3. One revelation that shook me bittersweet - a ton of my friends, old and new, now live in the Atlanta area. I wish I was one of them! I miss that town! Some day? We'll see what's in the cards on that one. At least I can visit a bunch, since my parents still live there.
  4. I even have a famous friend who seems to be an motivational speaker. I need to find out more about what she does but she has like over 5000 friends!
  5. My favorite thing is seeing that my friends haven't changed very much. They all still look great! And their kids are adorable too!
I wish I had more hours in the day to keep up with all this stuff!

No comments:

Popular Posts