Xercise! So sue me, not many things start with X. And Xercise is important! I know I've mentioned xercise before, but it bears repeating! So here are some MORE TIPS, gathered from Prevention and SELF magazines and then some!Editing Tips
- To motivate us to keep at exercising, Prevention recommends...
- Start with "show-off" muscles like biceps which show results in as little as 2 weeks!
- exercise in front of a mirror to see your muscles at work, flex it baby!
- music - lifting to the beat is inspiring
- challenge or even dare yourself to beat your last number of reps or to add weights
- bring a friend - letting someone else down is harder than just letting yourself down
- multitask - two moves are better than one and you get done with your workout quicker
- SELF says...
- do less cardio! their study said 30 min/day and 60 min/day lost about the same amount of fat in one week
- try a new class, like 2Fly - a combination of aerobics and strength to a retro 90s beat
- mind power - when doing an activity, think positive thoughts and you will be less likely to fail or fall. if you think you'll nose dive, you probably will!
- workout in the AM
- you feel fresher in the morning and by afternoon, you may use the too tired excuse
- treats aren't as tempting, since you worked out, you may not want to waste it on that donut
- mood high! you'll be happier all day
- exercise gets brain juices flowing too, so you will be more productive
- you will sleep better
- and to motivate you: set a loud alarm & lay out your workout clothes the night before
- Now the Lazy Housewife advice - Xercise while you...
- pick up groceries - bicep curl those cans and 5 pound sugar sack and powerades... heck, we have to lift them about five times each (think about it)
- walk upstairs - squeeze those glutes!
- do the dishes, vacuum, & make dinner - ab crunches
- talk on the phone - leg lifts, or any xercise of choice!
Xtra spaces - go "find" all your double spaces - you will be surprised how many you have. And gone are the days of double spacing after a sentence - all single spacing, all the time. And check the beginning sand ends of paragraphs for an extra space which sometimes tag along when editing... little invisible buggers!
Find more A to Z posts here.