Friday, February 24, 2012

so many questions!

I wanted to do a Writing a Book post today since I'm so far behind, but I figured I'd better fulfill my tag obligation before I get tagged again! 22 questions is plenty! I tried to be brief...

Thanks, Theresa! Here are her questions and my answers =)
1)     Favorite Book & Why? A SPELL FOR CHAMELEON by Piers Anthony because it transported me to a place where magic was real and ignited my love for reading as a teen.
2)     Favorite Movie & Why? I have so many! I love good sci fi for the excitement and adventure like STAR WARS OR MATRIX and funny romantic comedies that make you feel warm and fuzzy with a happy ending like HOUSESITTER and FRENCH KISS
3)     Hobby other than reading and writing? words w/friends & scramble with my sons, movies, planning trips!
4)     Dream Vacation? Australia & New Zealand
5)     If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would it be? of the moment, Tim Tebow but I'd have to be able to bring my sons! Of all time, Billy Crystal - he's hilarious!
6)     What would the conversation consist of? every day life, personal motivation, fun stories!
7)    What would you eat? Steak and shrimp =)
8)    Desert Island three items what would they be? (I’m running out of questions) bug spray, sun screen, unlimited power supply and internet access w/ laptop
9)    Favorite place to write/read? anywhere quiet and not too bright (like me, ha ha)
10)  Most embarrassing moment? white shorts, long sweaty car ride to camp with my friend. nuff said.
11)  If you had the opportunity to go back in time and change one thing would you? And what would it be? no point, I might change too many things that I'm happy about now!

And thank you, Scarlett for your tag questions!
1. If your life were a book, what would it be titled? From Wild to Mild
2. Tell us a favorite childhood memory. Going to the pond near my Aunt Gloria's house and catching pollywogs with family. Loved it!
3. Is there a time limit on fortune cookie predictions? no. and interpretations may vary.
4. Name three lessons LIFE has taught you. *get into good habits early, training yourself later is HARD! (eat right, exercise, etc), * less drama = more happy, * dream big and turn failures into stepping stones! (pouting is a waste of time)
5. Oceans or Mountains, and why? Both are nice to visit, but I'd take a pool and a massage to go with them!
6. What makes you smile? my sons' accomplishments =) (and feedback!)
7. What would you dare to do if you knew you could not fail? write songs, fly a helicopter
8. Do you believe in ghosts? What about Muppets? not really and yes
9. What is your favorite thing about yourself? relating to teens and teaching them (they make me feel younger =)
10. Given three wishes, what would you wish? jobs for all, selfless politicians/leaders, respectful attitudes
11. What is the one thing you could not live without? air

Here are the folks I'm tagging (hard to find 11 people who weren't tagged recently! and if you were, oh well! still fun =)
Here are my questions:
  1. What is the first movie you went to without a chaperone?
  2. Where/Did you go to college?
  3. What is your favorite spice?
  4. What is your favorite hair/eye color combination?
  5. Do your initials spell anything?
  6. What is your favorite animal? (be specific)
  7. What is the character trait you admire most in a person?
  8. What are you afraid of losing when you get older?
  9. What is your favorite character's name that you chose?
  10. Describe your favorite weather in a sentence - make us feel it!
  11. Describe your favorite dessert - how does it taste?
My favorite part was making up the questions. Can't wait to read your answers - and even if you didn't get tagged, answer a few anyway!

Have a fantabulous weekend! See you Monday for Laura's book tour! and Tuesday for Alex's! and Wednesday for my blurby 300+ follower contest!

17 comments:

Laura S. said...

I like your answers, Tara! Your lessons life has taught you are especially good. :) Thanks for tagging me! I look forward to answering your questions. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Mark Koopmans said...

Sweet answers, and I'm glad you didn't tag me :)

(I'm Like Seriously five people behind.. OMG.. peeps are going to be so bored and it'll take forevah to read... I'll never write again.... actually, I'll quit Blogger so I won't have to answer and then come back and use the name DontTAG 11 :)

mshatch said...

I used to go to Boot Pond in Plymouth and catch pollywogs :) Those were fun times!

Christine Rains said...

Great answers! Thank you for tagging me. :) My dream vacation is Australia and New Zealand too. I love your title for the book about your life!

And since I just did a tag post today too, I'm going to answer your questions right here.
1. Batman
2. I went to Canadore College in North Bay, Ontario, and Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario.
3. Sugar? I don't like spices. I don't even like salt and pepper on my food.
4. Red hair, green eyes.
5. CER. So, not really. My son's spell BAR!
6. Timber wolf.
7. Honesty.
8. My mind.
9. Magena Silver.
10. Late autumn air that gives each breath an extra wee crunch.
11. Chocolate cheesecake. It tastes like heaven and hell had a child. Pure and sinful.

Huntress said...

ACK!

Kelley Lynn said...

Ooo, can I go to New Zealand and Australia with you?? :)

I did this too, but I love answering them! These are my answers :)

1. Titanic
2. University of Wisconsin Madison
3. Cinnamon
4. Brown hair blue eyes
5. Hmmm...KLG....Nope :)
6. Dog (specifically my dog ;))
7. Kindness
8. My memory (Alzheimer's runs in our family.)
9. Hmmm...toss up between Akara and Rydan.
10. I walk out of my apartment and before anything I hear the leaves rustle along the sidewalk. Take in a breath and smell fall, and rain. The low rumble in the distance tells me its coming. And I wait, watching the light dance across the autumn sky.
11. Cheesecake! Tastes awesome. haha :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

How can one not believe in Muppets? And a dinner with Tebow would be so enlightening.

Angela Cothran said...

Great answers. You are too funny :)

Emily R. King said...

I love the movie French Kiss. It's still a fun movie to sit down and watch on a date night.

Anonymous said...

Plymouth has got to be the great place to catch polliwogs!!I noticed Mshatch caught them there too.
No ghosts. Eccl.9:4-6 when we die we have no more portion forever that is done on the earth...

i'm erin. said...

ack! I'm so happy you tagged me. I feel so so so excited. I will have to think out my answers and post on Monday.

Also, I went on vacay to NZ and Aus. But I got sick...and it wasn't so dreamy! I'll have to go again...maybe we'll see each other out there on vacation.

mshatch said...

I'll post my answers next week :)

Heather M. Gardner said...

Damn.
Now I know almost everything about you!
:)
Almost!

Thank you for sharing with us!
HMG

Angela Brown said...

If only you could have our answer of jobs for all and selfless politicians come true right now.

And I LOVE Matrix!

So yeah, great answers :-)

Sara Biren said...

Hi Tara,

Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier this week. I'm a new follower!
:) Sara

Mark Koopmans said...

NICE!

Your entry in Janet Reid's contest :)

I'm above you somewhere :)

Tara Tyler said...

Laura - you are too sweet and it pays to heed lessons of your elders =)

Mark - ha ha! i almost did! and thanks for reading my entry, your neglected chair was FUNNY!

Marcy - those were the days, simpler times! i need to get back up there! and i will look for answers =)

Christine - thanks for the answers! and love your cheesecake description!

CD - you are the best!

Kelley - LET'S! thanks for your answers =)

Alex - muppets are real =)

Thanks, Angie!

Emily - yep! makes me sigh.

Mom - so literal =)

Erin - know what you mean, my hub got sick on honeymoon in HI so it's not so dreamy either...i'll look for your answers!

Heather - it's funny, i think there isn't much left to tell...

Angela - i keep wondering if we can do something significant. flash mobs with a good purpose? and watched matrix on TNT last night!

Sara - welcome aboard! i'll look for your next campaign challenge =)

Popular Posts