Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A blog by any other name...

Do you know the origin of the word blog? I have shared this information before, but let's see who remembers. (I'll tell the answer tomorrow) It's such an ugly word for our menagerie of words and sharing (menagerie is a pretty word!) Well, I came up with some alternatives that sound much nicer...

e-diary, ipost, hotspot, sharepage, posties
Do you have any ideas? Anything is better than, blechy blog?

Now as for lovely blogs, I must thank Sabrina and Sheena Kay! They are newer friends who gave me this award. Take a peek at their blogs!
and
Hope bestowed me the B&W Kreativ award. Thank you! Check out her co-hosted blog Falling for Fiction - they are announcing a new blogfest WEDNESDAY!

Uh oh. I feel a poem coming on. Must be creative and lovely to accept and pass on awards!

What makes a lovely blog?

It starts with a B
So start with Jessie!
If you love romance
Christine will enhance.
Emily's lace
Puts a smile on your face.
Looking for spunk?
Jenn brings the funk!
Positive vibes
Morgan provides.
And humor is best
Just ask Huntress!


If you want to follow the rules, see Sabrina or Sheena or Hope's blogs, it's up to you how you choose to pass on the lovely. Have a lovely day! Go Kreate!

19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Clever way to pass on the award!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Yes, I did know where blog originates from... but DID is the operative word, because my brain only works on Mondays and Thursdays, these days!

Congrats on the award - you do indeed have a lovely blog!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I totally agree with you, have thought myself how much I dislike the word. It's ugly in sound and appearance but there it is, entrenched in our vocabulary and culture until something better comes along!

Nick Wilford said...

Lol, I love your poem. What an innovative way to pass them on!

I'm pretty sure I know the origin of the word - just add "we" on the front then it makes more sense. I used to think you had to be some sort of specially qualified person to write them! Nothing could be further from the truth (especially in my case :P)

Oh, thanks for the tip on the blogfest. I'll go and see what's going down.

M.J. Fifield said...

Congratulations on your award. I love the ways in which you pass them on. The poem's great.

Tracy Moore said...

Congrats on the award Tara! You do have a lovely blog...um...e-diary. Yes, that does sound much better. Blog really does sound clunky!

Jennie Bennett said...

Funny that I seem to know all of these bloggers. Great picks!

michelle said...

You always have fresh ideas when it comes to passing on these awards!
The meaning of the word blog... I knew it (I think...?)

Rena said...

Yeah, I know the original word for blog. I started blogging back when we still used the original word, but it was a private blog for friends and family (now a deserted waste land). But then again, when I started in on the whole blogging thing, you picked your username to hide your identity... I've been kicking around on them interwebs for a while now.

IN fact, I've now had constant internet access for more than half of my life, and I'm not young.

Congrats on the award.

Dana said...

Congratulations! Love the poem. :)

Morgan said...

Holy crap! Tara, this is AWESOME... I could never be that witty... that poem seriously rocked. And thanks so much for the shout out... Means a lot!

Now I'm going to be singing that all day... yes, singing, LOL... ;)

Christine Rains said...

Congrats on the award and thank you for passing it on. That's so cool the way you did it! :)

Unknown said...

Blog derives from the shortening of the phrase "web log"

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the " Blob" with Steve McQueen, every time I hear it.

Keep that creative mind going, we're enjoying it.

Precy Larkins said...

You are so cool and clever! I bow to you. :)

Yep, I agree. "Blog" is a horrible word. Congrats on your award!

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! What a neat way to give an award! :)

Heather M. Gardner said...

You are just bursting with awards lately! Well done!
Nice poem!
Heather

Sheena-kay Graham said...

You're welcome and nice how you passed on the award. You are a creative soul.

Teaser Tuesday

Tara Tyler said...

thanks guys! writing the poem was fun!
nick was right, but lucy was righter!

Popular Posts