Awards make me happy because it gives me the opportunity to think of a fun way to share them and I get to pass them on to you all!
Two more Kreativs from
Jaycee and Ermie - Thanks, girlfriends!
And this new one, Fabulous!
from my spontaneous friend, Cassie - never know what she will say next, but it's usually hilarious!
And Amy, YA book reviewer extraordinairre, gave me the Stylish! Boop Boop Bee Doo!
To accept, I shall first answer the questions that came with them:
What's you're favorite song? for the moment, Everybody Talks by Neon Trees... It started with a whisper...
What's your favorite dessert? Toss up between chocolate chip cookies and brownies, yum! =P
Which do you prefer: White or Whole Wheat? whole wheat, trying to be healthier
What do you do when you're upset? Depends on how upset I am. Ranges anywhere from snark to temper tantrum (rare, but true. I am a Scorpio after all)
What is your favourite pet? Dogs. Obedient, loyal, unconditional love =)
What is your biggest fear? the economy crashing around our ears and people going insane and killing each other. seriously!
What is your attitude, mostly? I try to be positive, but every day is a battle! Why do little annoying things seem to outweigh the little nice things? Not to mention the big things! I try to remember how blessed my family is...
- Post the rules on your blog. (check)
- Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
- some people say when their kid is born, I say when all three were potty trained! Yes!
- getting more than a handful of comments for the first time
- making it through the first round of American Idol at Disney World!
- having fun with friends, lots of treasured fabulous moments there
- getting my book published (that's a future fab moment =)
- Name five things you love.
- my family (including parents, sister, etc!)
- my friends
- Name five things you hate.
- useless electronic upgrades - sit on it for a while before putting the next one out!
- my degrading memory
- Pass the Ribbon on to five other bloggers (see below)
And the info about me will be what I learned at the Reader/Writer Get Together!
- Writers are friendly! It's not a competition, there's room for everyone on the shelves!
- Romance writers are...let's say uninhibited and leave it at that.
- There is such a thing as too much chest - there was an abundance of male chests on the covers of the books, not in person! it wasn't that kind of conference! But really!
- Authors know how to dress the part - rabbit ears, frog hat, Victorian, high, high heels, and lots of pretty and unique necklaces and sandals!
- You need to have a business card. I was so glad I made some cause I traded a bunch. It was fun!
- Always be prepared for double entendre and "that's what she said."
- The latest audience is NA - New Adult, for college age and twenties. Maybe I will dust off that chick lit novel!
- Publishing tips:
- be flexible and don't have your heart set on one format, be open to all the many wonderful ways you can put your book out there!
- book trailers aren't for everyone, best for created worlds to share your vision
- end your book, but leave it open for related books - listen to your fans (fans, ha! love that!)
And I'm not stylish, but I will leave you with a picture of my fanciest shoes and match them to the bloggers I am presenting these Kreative, Fabulous, Stylish awards to! (take whichever award you like!)
Lynn Proctor, sweet and smart!
Precy, because she revealed her name and is standing out on her own - shiny!
Dr. Faerie Godmother Rena, because the godmother is glamorous too!
Mish, unique and pretty in writing and personality!
Julie, sparkles naturally!