Monday, July 2, 2012

Kick Start July!

The humid air sizzles and smokes with scents of hot dogs and apple pie. As the sweat drips down your back, replenish your fluids with some juicy watermelon or sweetly sour lemonade. And when the sun disappears, children running around with sparklers halt as the first shot is fired high into the sky, a time-lapsed blossom of light explodes, followed by others, emphasized by thunderous booms! Happy July!

First - Congratulations to those who stuck it out and wrote their fingers off for the Nanos of June. And good luck to us about to tackle the challenge in August. Any pointers??? Budget your time and go in with a plan are my two cents.

Now for the bloggy news:
Going on right now! Found this through Mina Burrows. A bunch of bloggers got together to give away some wonderful prizes - check out their sites! Hurry, ends July 5th!

Calling all writers in need of a hug - the Insecure Writers Support Group (IWSG) is extending its session this month. Most of us in America will be celebrating the 4th of July as our Independence Day (awesome movie too!) So Alex is spreading IWSG over two days, 7/3 and 7/4 to give us time to party and commiserate at our leisure. All are welcome!

Is your novel complete? Working on your query? Looking for a fabulous agent to represent you? (Aren't we all?) Well this blogfest is for you! Christmas in July! July 9th from 6 am to 3 pm. Thanks, Robin for telling us about it!

And I must mention again the Hookers & Hangers bloghop on July 16 & 18 at Falling for Fiction. Hook 'em with the first sentence, leave 'em hanging with the last!

Coming in August:
Alex - talk about a hanger, when will you reveal your mystery blogfest? We are all on the edges of our desk chairs!

And oh, yes! A stupendous group of bloggers has come together for a week long FAIRYTALE MADNESS blogfest, August 13-17 - choose your sub genre and write a winning story!

13 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

So many bloghops, not enough time lol! Thanks for sharing the info!

Brinda said...

Thanks for the heads up about Christmas in July! I added Michelle's blog to my Google reader. That sounds like a great contest.

Stina said...

I'm planning to do the Hookers & Hangers bloghop. :D Unfortunately I'll miss Fairytale Madness since I'll be away.

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm hoping to do Camp NaNo in August but I have to get all my editing done first. I'm guessing that'll mean no time for bloghops in July. Sad though, because there are some fun ones scheduled.

nutschell said...

a lot of bloghops going on and all of them are so intriguing. I wish I had the time!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Christine Rains said...

Lots of great stuff going on. I'm melting over here, though. Dang heat wave!

VikLit said...

Great list! Going to join in Hookers and Hangers!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I'm with Christine: I'm melting down here in Louisiana! I am not a fan of NaNo's: it's the creative writing teacher in me. Have a lovely 4th, Roland

DL Hammons said...

Hmmmmm...Christmas in July sounds interesting! :)

LD Masterson said...

Argh! Look at that great Christmas in July contest and me in the middle of re-writes.

Mina Burrows said...

Thx for the mention & the other hops. Wow, lots going on, huh? Hope you have an awesome 4th!

Tara Tyler said...

kyra, never seems to be enough time!

brinda, great!

stina, glad you can & have a good trip!

mj, awesome! a fellow camper!

nutscell, time is so valuable!

christine, yes, hot all over US!

vik, good! should be fun!

Roland, i bet! happy 4th to you!

dl, yes it will be!

mina, welcome! you too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry everyone is hanging!! I'll announce the next blogfest in August, I promise.

Popular Posts