Monday, December 31, 2012

happy last day of 2012!

Well, we made it through another year! Woo hoo!

Hope you enjoyed your celebrations! I saw many happy faces on Facebook. Though I pray for comfort for those who lost loved ones - I know many this month who have.

I immensely appreciated every minute I got to spend with my family. We had a great time at my sister's with cousins and grandparents and played many games and ate wonderful meals! My only regrets were that I didn't get many pictures and that it was way too short!

And tho I was only gone a short time, I'm still catching up! I'll tell you about it in a song...(This has been done before, but this is my rendition)

The Twelve Days After Christmas

On the first day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
A fridge in need of food!

On the second day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Two tons of laundry!

On the third day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Three dozen emails!

On the fourth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Four stacks of junk mail!

On the fifth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Five extra pounds!

On the sixth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Six inches of snow!

On the seventh day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Seven days to New Year's!

On the eighth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Eight hours to sleep in

On the ninth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Nine games of basketball

On the tenth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Ten sales for shopping

On the eleventh day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Eleven chores awaiting

On the twelfth day after Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Twelve hours of editing!

I'm also way behind on visiting blogs. I am trying to rectify that and get my 2013 New Year's Resolutions up this week too! Thanks so much for an awesome 2012! See you next year!

26 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I've learned that sometimes it's better to spend less time behind the camera and more time in the experience/event/fun. :)

Glad you had a good holiday, Tara! Happy New Year!

Dana said...

Happy New Year, Tara! Wishing you all the best. :)

Suzanne Furness said...

Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Michelle Wallace said...

I hope you have a happy and prosperous New Year Tara!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Only eight hours of sleeping in?
Happy New Year, Tara!

Brinda said...

Five extra pounds? I know how that feels... Happy New Year to you!

VikLit said...

Love your 12 days after Christmas song! Happy New Year!

M.J. Fifield said...

I love that Twelve days after Christmas thing. I didn't get the five extra pounds (being sick is good for something, I guess) but did get about 18" of snow but the rest seems about right.

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

A very happy New Year to you.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

The song was great. Wishing you a Happy 2013 and glad you got to spend time with family. My condolences to those who lost loved ones.

Catch My Words said...

Only five? You done good!


http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Rena said...

Happy New Year, and that song is cute.

Did I mention that every time I visit your blog I get a strong urge to visit Disneyland???

Krista McLaughlin said...

Happy New Year! :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Huzzah! 2012 is dead! It's sucked the big one in my opinion. Yay for 2013 *throws confetti

Sherry Ellis said...

That sounds like my 12 days after Christmas! Happy New Year!

Livia Peterson said...

Happy New Year to you Tara! I love that poem! Here's to 2013 around this BLISSFUL writing community! :)

Christine Rains said...

Sounds like my household! Have a fantastic new year! :)

Jeff Hargett said...

Time with family is always the greatest. Glad you had fun. And have a great New Year!

Unknown said...

Too cute...and I can relate (especially the laundry!)

Tara Tyler said...

safe and happy new year, guys!
thanks for stopping by!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

The good times never last long enough! Here's to a wonderful 2013.

Heather M. Gardner said...

I like this updated version!

Happy New Year!
HMG

Gossip_Grl said...

Great post and definitely loved your version of the 12 Days! I can relate to many of them. Wishing you the best in 2013!

Unknown said...

I hope 2013 is better.

Fida Islaih said...

Awesome poem!!

Popular Posts