I wax philosophic
in this numbered new year
for who's to say
that New Year's day
should be a time to cheer?
We make resolutions
and kiss those who are dear
but every day
we all should say
"I love you!" loud and clear!
So keep your goals handy,
display them without fear
remember each day
improve the way
we live throughout the year!
Today I also have to thank two special people for gifts I got, and not even for Christmas!
First, Brinda - who is a whiz at writing, blogging, and promoting - is also a wonderful book trailer creator! I won her fabulous prize of a book trailer! Talk about perfect timing! I can't wait to share it! Just adding a few finishing touches and waiting for my cover to put in it...Wacka Wacka! (I don't say squee)
And the Coup de Blogs!
My sweet, supportive, sassy, and spontaneous friend Heather, bestowed me with The 2012 Blog of the Year Award! Unbelievable! Such an honor!
Do you know a blog that deserves an award? Do you have special blogs that you love to read? Which blogs do you bookmark and follow? Would you like to give them an award this year? Then the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award is for you!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin, you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star! There are a total of 6 stars to collect, which means you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
And so, I pass this award on to...
Rhonda, extreme traveler and jokester, never lets me get away without a laugh - and she named me a top ten humorous blog! She is the funny one!
and Stina, who I mentioned yesterday, is a giver of valuable, practical writing and publishing advice! in addition to promoting other authors! (I wanted to recognize her, even though she doesn't usually accept awards)
and of course I have to give it back to Heather, whose progress reports, which are filled with humor, and Stormy posts I always look forward to!
I completely recommend you give all these blogs at least a visit, then you will feel compelled to follow!!!