Saturday, April 25, 2015

Virile VIP!

For A to Z 2015 I'm

ALL ABOUT THAT PLACE

I'll be highlighting Blogger Friends' Places
and
I'll be giving Book Event Tips


Pump up the VOLUME on this VIRTUOUS Blogger!


VIKLIT - My VERY special friend from across the pond. I'm happy to claim her as my top VORACIOUS reading CP! And she founded a VISION of encouraging other bloggers in the form of "Celebrate the Small Things" - every Friday. Yay VIKKI!

A VERY important Book Event Tip:

Choose a prime VANTAGE point!
Sometimes you are assigned a table, but if you can pick your spot...

  • You want a VIABLE spot where you will be seen.
  • Choose a VENDOR table closer to the entrance rather than the exit - by the end, buyers probably have all the books they can handle and may not be able to add yours to their stack!
  • Being close to others in your genre can also be a good VARIABLE to consider, bringing readers who enjoy it.
  • And having a friend nearby is a comfort in a VERITABLE sea of strangers.

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Vikki rocks!
Yes, always take a friend.

Trisha said...

Would be awesome if you could always choose your own prime table position!

Nick Wilford said...

Great choice! Positioning is very important.

Anonymous said...

Great tips. I've done craft shows with my handmade items and it's always a bummer when I get placed far away from the door.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Just got back from our book event. The owner set up the romance writers among the military nonfiction books, halfway back the store and with not nearly enough room. It was the worst setup ever!

AJ Lauer said...

I do always love the Celebrate the Small Things posts :)
Happy V! Almost done with A-Z!

Heather R. Holden said...

Lots of great tips! I can definitely see how having a friend around would help make things less nerve-racking...

TheCyborgMom said...

Vikki from Viklit is awesome. Celebrate the Small Things is my favorite bloghop!!
Visiting from A to Z...
Katie @TheCyborgMom

Fida Islaih said...

Great idea and tip about positioning, thank you! I like that we should also bring a friend.

Popular Posts