Friday, January 14, 2011

resutls - quick prompt contest entry 1/10/11

There were 100 entries! And as I read them, I knew I fell short, but I believe I was top 10-15%. Some were really good and I picked two out of the top three...I will put more effort into it next time. Here is my favorite, the runner up...

by Marie Rearden
Lil and Margie lived on a cobbled cul-de-sac, homes and hearts separated only by a glowering A-frame. The eighty-somethings baked muffins, shared memories, and showed no abnegation at the library’s book giveaways. But amity turned to enmity when Mr. Pawpaw, the erudite librarian, moved into the A-frame. Cotton balls of hair fanned his ears, and his bespectacled eyes twinkled. He was a granny’s wickedest fantasy.

Margie concocted a lovely pie. A dauntless Lil whipped up an irresistible quiche. They hobbled to Mr. Pawpaw’s door with their seductive gifts.

With candor, he smooched Margie and honked Lil’s bottom. “I love cougars!”

No comments:

Popular Posts