I have to pass this on. It is mediation advice from a certain Buddhist, referred to as "the happiest man in the world." (taken from Prevention magazine, Sept 2010)
Start with 10 minutes and work up to 20 daily. (words in parentheses are my comments =)
1) find a balanced position - crosslegged on the floor or in a chair (before or after you make dinner, do homework, dishes, etc ?)
2) breathe calmly and naturally, concentrating on the air going in and out of your nostrils (nostrils, hee hee)
4) let yourself be absorbed by this love that wishes only for his well-being (this guy must not have children...that's why he's so happy!) and nourish the feeling for a few minutes (hurry before someone gets hurt or they come and jump on you or tattle on someone)
5) bask in the mindful awareness of love (hearts and flowers, etc)
My advice from the land of reality
1) make spouse or other responsible party watch kids for 10-20 min, shoot for at least once a week, daily would be impossible
2) lock yourself in a bathroom or closet
3) then take a bath or read or sit and do the yoga/meditating stuff, something you like to do
When you come out, you will be ready to love them again!
"Another day, another nickel." -Squidward
Teens are clueless, reckless, and thoughtless. I ought to know, I'm an 8th grade teacher and I live with 3 teens myself! But they ca...
Ever feel hopeless and helpless and there's nothing you can do about it? Me too. The world is so crazy right now. Lately, I've been ...