Thursday, February 3, 2011

Read, Read, Read


I finally finished one of the many books I've been reading! I got it for xmas so that's pretty good.
Numb by Sean Ferrell.
Two words: Woooah & Rubberneck-ish
I recommend, BUT must be ok with frequent random blood and depressing realities of life.

I love to read, a good story. A good story to me is one I am surprised by or makes me feel something (humor is also a necessary ingredient). I've had to ditch reading some books because they were just too predictable. That's why I like Stephen King, Michael Crichton, Janet Evanovich and Piers Anthony. Yes, I'm a reader of all genres. And I know I can trust these established names. I've read and enjoyed many others and if I make it through one I buy another from that author. I'm hard to please. My time and money are too spent so it's hard to take a chance on an unknown.

Book I've given up on: The Guy I'm Not Dating by Trish Perry
Books I'm trying to get into: Next by Michael Crichton, The Home for Broken Hearts by Rowan Coleman, and (on my ipad) Prince of Thieves by Chuck Hogan
Book I'm enjoying, but it's sooo long: Duma Key by Stephen King
Book on my wish list, but I need to finish one of these others before I get it: The Pericles Commission by Gary Corby

No wonder it's so hard to make it as an aspiring author (trying to please picky people like me!)
But I'm not in it for the money and fame. I just want to tell a good story (see above for definition).

So now that I have one down I can start the other one I got for xmas, Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I hope I can finish it before the movie comes out. (I know, everyone else has already read it, another reason I asked for it. It must be good!)

No comments:

Popular Posts