Monday, March 14, 2011

Kick start Monday - green week

No, not recycling, tho we should do that too, but Green meaning - St. Patty's Day is coming up!
 irishman dance smiley

And I feel like dancing too cause - guess what! I won a book! Woo Hoo!
I was chosen with my entry last Monday from Jan over at Tartitude, "Possum Summer" by Jen K. Blom. I'm so excited!

And here is a short to start your week off with a smile. From the AW weekly Flash Fiction Challenge: "oil"


“Hey, Mon!”

“Wa, Mon?”

“Wa do yu tink yu a dween deh?”

“Was ih look like I’m dween?”

“Yu a skay-tin?”

“Ya, Mon! Come an try ih.”

“Na! Mi naa waan fi fall. Ih look slippy.”

“Yu a chicken.”

They hear someone coming.

“Ooo ih dis Johnny?”

Another pest joins the two locals.

“Dude! What are you guys doing? It looks totally gnarly!”

“Skay-tin, Mon.”

“Skating? Dude, can I try?”

“Ya. Aright, dweet.”

The two natives watch the new guy slip and slide. He gets covered in slimy goo.

“Awesome! Hey, what is this stuff?”

“Aile.”

“What? Hey, where ya goin?”

The ground was shaking. The two local boys fly away. The new guy is stuck. He’s going under!

**Zoom out.**

“Eli, would you put some oil on my back now?”

“Sure, hon. Your tan is looking primo.”

“Thanks. I still can’t believe we got to go to Jamaica for Spring Break.”

No comments:

Popular Posts