On Fridays I started a series talking my way through the process of writing a book. Last week I took a break with my little guy getting his tonsils out (he's doing great, BTW). And in honor of the PAD challenge about to start tomorrow, I'm changing it up a little to talk about writing a poem and posting it today.
I'm no expert at poetry. I just write what I feel, so be prepared for some wacky, some heartfelt and some milk snorting verse!
To show you what I mean, here is a sample. It was my first published work, at the ezine Cafe del Soul. And for more, I added a tab above to see my posted poems and there's always, Sarcastica, Woman of Witticism!
And just in time for the PAD challenge - five pieces of poetry advice from the women at WOW!
I intend to learn a lot about poetry by doing this. And I'm all excited now, but I bet towards the end of the month, my poetry will show me tiring of the printed word! But for now - I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
#1 - Join in the Insecure Writers Support Group the first Wednesday of each month! You can use IWSG to give or receive support. Today, I...
-
It's amazing how Jenn has been in sync with me on her Sensational Haiku Wednesday topics...this week is "revisit" - I am a vi...
-
I finished a book! Yay, me! So I celebrate with Vikki and her weekly hop =) I get so much from reviews! You all help me decide what to rea...
3 comments:
I'm no expert on poetry either. It's impressive that you're tackling it. I'll take a look.
The first poem is my favorite!
Thanks, Theresa! You know I will have to get at least a couple teaching poems in the mix =)
Post a Comment