Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring is in the air

We're all so excited to have nicer weather and escape the dolldrums and sickness of winter.
But, wait! We forgot about the ALLERGIES!!!
Those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, thank your lucky stars! I never experienced them growing up, but now they get worse every year. It's like a month long (or longer) cold!

Which brings me to my looooong day yesterday. These happen once in a while and this one was a doozy. And it's always when my hubby has to be out of town. Oh, well! Here is how it went:
  • I was going to work so I had to wake up the 3 princes at 6 AM. Not pleasant, but not bad.
  • The oldest has the worst allergies and has been getting worse for the past week, coughing a lot. He didn't want to go to school.
  • I talked him into it and vowed to pick him up early.
  • Dropped boys at neighbor's to put on bus and when I got to school they asked me to cover an extra class, so much for picking him up early.
  • Worried about him all day. Emailed teachers, called nurse to check on him. He was fine.
  • Since I didn't hear from him I went home, there was less than an hour left anyway.
  • I walked the dog. When I came back in there was a message - "Mom, come get me."
  • So I picked up sons 1 & 2 five minutes before the bell rang. I promised after all.
Now here is where the fun starts.
  • Drop off older boys.
  • Go pick up youngest for orthodontist appointment, 3rd wire broken in as many months.
  • Run endless errands. Bring McD's home. (got something to say about it?)
  • After dinner, oldest decides it's time to go to Dr.
  • Pile into car and go to urgent care.
  • Yep, bronchitis. 7:45 PM
  • Hike across town to 24 hour pharmacy (of course I know where it is and that it's the only one - they greet me, "Tara!").
  • Visit Walmart to kill time while prescription is filled (2nd trip there that day).
  • Finally home by 9. Showers and bed. Whew!
The boys were very good, considering. Writing it all down is therapeutic and it doesn't seem as bad as it was at the time. The most stressful part was the driving, back and forth, over and over, and dealing with traffic. AAHHH!

It was time for a good stress-relieving cry or laugh or something.

PS - a few other items that added to my day:
  • when I got home from work, there were 13 large boxes on my front porch to deal with
  • more lights blew out in my kitchen (so I replaced the one that's been out for over a week with the last new bulb)
  • my youngest is getting tonsils out Friday but also has a cold - might have to reschedule. Dr. called me back and I missed call.
You could probably top me with one of your days...
We only get thrown at us what we can handle and that was my limit yesterday. I think I'm coming down with the cold now...It never ends =)

2 comments:

Deb said...

I definitely can't top that for yesterday! My day went 5am to 10pm, almost all work, but most of it was as planned by me! This makes me think I have lots of fun stuff to look forward to when I add #2 to the mix :p

Tara Tyler said...

Kids are fun! These long days don't happen very often. And things usually turn out fine. When they're tiny and cute is a wonderful time! Enjoy it! Thanks for the comment =)

Popular Posts