Saturday, November 13, 2010

People Worth Remembering #1

Let me tell you about the "Grandma Sub." Her name is Nancy Gabriel. I have no idea what her age is because she may look older on the outside, but inside she's a spry young chicken.


This amazing person epitomizes not only aging gracefully, but defiantly. Even the students see how special she is and remember her fondly (my oldest son included). She is full of energy, sharp as a burr and hilarious. She has a jampacked planner where she keeps her calendar of events (besides subbing, she sells Avon and she's president of her condo association!) and jots down inspirational quotes. When she was younger, she lived in Mexico City for a while. You'd never know she was fluent in Spanish by looking at her. ¡Increible!


I've only spent a couple of hours at different times with her but I was impressed and inspired by this awesome lady. She has such an extraordinary past and a continues to hold a positive zest for life. When I grow up I want to be just like her!

No comments:

Popular Posts