Saturday, November 27, 2010

Reuniting

Hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Ours was a very nice visit. Good food and everyone got along.

While I was away, I saw "It's Complicated." I was looking forward to it. I like Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, but I was disappointed. I hate it when Hollywood disses couples rekindling romances. There's plenty of love stories with people overcoming stuff to be together. But I don't like the movies with broken couples that hint at getting back together, then keep them apart. Movies like "The Breakup," "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Stepmom." What's even sadder is that usually the kids (and the audience) are pulling for the parents to get back together. Then they don't and they tell the kids - there was a reason we broke up, etc. Well there was a reason they got together in the first place too.

Relating it to life - I want a happy ending for everybody! I wish people would stop giving up when the going gets rough. I'm glad I had such a good example of what it means to stick through the good times and the bad.

There is nothing positive that comes out of divorce. Period.

No comments:

Popular Posts