Friday, April 8, 2011

"G" is for Getaway

I love participating in challenges! For the April challenge on Cafe Muravyets you have to use exactly 50 words with the following prompts:
§  sandbar
§  onerous
§  wink
§  maneuver
§  nightly
The theme:  dreaming and home


Getaway.
The waiter gives me a wink with my tropical drink.
I wade from the beach to the sandbar and maneuver around onerous seaweed threatening to slow me down.
I rest my hand on a strong shoulder…
then I wake up from my nightly dream of a getaway from home.

6 comments:

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

Fifty words would be challenging, but it's a good exercise.

Good luck

C R Ward said...

Sometimes its more challenging to come up with 50 words or 150 words than it is to come up with 500 or 1500. You said a lot in so few words!

Erin M. Hartshorn said...

Very nice! You did that nicely -- and writing shorter is always hard.

Erin's blog

Anonymous said...

I really liked that one. All the words went together so well.
mom

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

I like your tale, sometimes all it takes is a quick (or 50-word daydream) to refresh the mind and the spirit.
Beautiful picture, what is the location?

Tara Tyler said...

Thanks, y'all! 50 words is plenty for me - a woman of short stature and short spurts of words.

Gail - I looked back and it was just the header to antoher website. I'm sure you have better views in HI!

Popular Posts