Thursday, April 28, 2011

"X" is for X-men and the Summer Movies Preview!


I love the summer movie season.
I've listed a few here with a bit about each one...there were too many for me to link (and I was too lazy). I got much of my info from Entertainment Weekly


  • Thor (May 6) - a coming of age story?, hmm.
  • Priest (May 13) - post-apocolyptic, vampire style.

  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20) - Penelope Cruz is in it! with zombies & mermaids.
  • The Hangover, pt 2 (May 26) - in Bangkok, how appropriate.
  • X-men: First Class (June 3) - pre-prequel set in the 60s, mutants before they were rebels.
  • Green Lantern (June 17) - Ryan Reynolds =)
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, pt 2 (July 15) - I can't believe this is IT! and it's packed with action!
  • Captain America: the First Avenger (July 22) - let's hear it for the underdog!
  • Cowboys & Aliens (July 28) - Go Harrison Ford! I gotta see this.
  • Thirty Minutes or Less (August 12) - crazy, convoluted plot to get someone to rob a bank to pay someone to kill someone else - got it?
There's lots more, but these stood out to me. Looking forward to shelling out big bucks to go see any on the big screen?

9 comments:

India Drummond said...

Ooh, I didn't know there was another Pirates of the Caribbean movie coming out--I love that series.

Also looking forward to Harry Potter and XMen... looks like a great summer for fun film!

Anonymous said...

Love X-Men movies. Looking forward to several of the ones you mentioned. Thanks.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I know that Johnny Depp is popular and all but I thought Pirates was really about the love story. Disappointed that it's about some mental pirate. ;)

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Unknown said...

I love going to a dark, cool movie theater on a hot day in August. It's a hideaway from the scorching sun.

Lucy

We've almost made it to the end of the A to Z.

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Thanks for the movies I look forward to seeing most of them.

Heather M. Gardner said...

I'm ready! Let's go!

Cathy said...

Sounds like a good summer for movies.

Heather Henry said...

Always a lot of good summer movies. The Priest comes out on my bday, so the guys have decided that would be a good way to celebrate, I do like Paul Bettany, looks a bit creepish though.
X-Men sounds awesome. I haven't seen previews for that at all.
Very fun, thanks for the info.

Tara Tyler said...

India - ive been looking forward to it for a year!
Vanessa, Josh, Cathy - summer movie season is the best =)
Elizabeth - there will be new romance, and the mental pirate is hilarious!
Lucy - that is so true.
Heather G - sure, i'll just shoot up to NY when i snag an agent and we'll catch one!
Heather H - what better to do on our bday than see a gory movie?

Popular Posts